The award is to highlight the importance of water to Yolo County agriculture and the environment. Past recipients are a distinguished group including those who have worked tirelessly to secure reliable water supplies to Yolo County and those who have been devoted to preserving habitat and protecting wildlife. We are proud to honor such dedicated and devoted public servants, and are grateful for their contributions.
- 2008 Fran Borcalli: Water engineer who combines encyclopedic knowledge with vision and foresight to solve regional water issues.
- 2007 Jan Lowrey: past Executive Director of the Cache Creek Conservancy. Under Jan's leadership the CCC established the Cache Creek Nature Preserve, restored wetlands and continues to be the lead agency in removing invasive species in and along Cache Creek.
- 2006 Betsy Marchand: Lifelong public servant who has worked to secure water rights for Yolo County and to protect the Central Valley from flooding.
- 2005 John Anderson: Farmer and pioneer of habitat creation and sustainable farming practices.
- 2004 Joe Farnham: Lifelong guardian of Cache Creek. Creator of Moore Dam Wildlife Sanctuary.
- 2002 Roy Barth: Instrumental in negotiation the purchase of the Clear Lake Water Company thereby securing water rights to Clear Lake. Promoted construction of Indian Valley Reservoir.